Hey everyone!
Just wanted to let you know that JAX is participating in the Make-A-Wish Foundation's Walk for Wishes coming up on October 14th in Brookhaven. If you are not familiar with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, let me explain. They are a non-profit organization that provides "wishes" to children who are terminally ill. Usually, the kids want to go to Disney World, or they want to meet a particular super star or something like that. This organization pays for these kids to have their one "wish". It is a wonderful organization and a wonderful cause. I know Jax doesn't really understand what it's all about (yet) but I think this will be something he will be proud of as he grows older. I want him to see how easy it is to help those that are less fortunate than us. I am so thankful to have a healthy child... it breaks my heart to know that there are children out there who have no hope of a cure.
Anyway ( i started to ramble, there; sorry!) Jax has to raise $50 to participate in the walk. I'm hoping he will be the youngest participant this year. If anyone wants to give to this cause, please let me know. (every dollar goes a long way!) All of the money that he raises will be used to grant "wishes" to kids in our area. I'm excited about that. If you are interested in participating in any other way, let me know and i'll get the contact info to you.
Also, pray for the "Wish Kids" and their families...
--neisha
here's the websites, if you want to check it out!
www.wishms.org this is the Mississippi site (click on "wishes" to read about some wishes granted)
www.wish.org this is the National organization's site.
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment