Hey everyone! I was just thinking about Revival, and I thought about a funny story that I can laugh about now, but wasn't so funny at the time. I just thought i'd share it with ya, so you can have a big laugh too! :)
You know, we are fixin' supper for the Revival team this Wednesday, and i'm assigned to make TEA! Thank the Lord!
I was thinking about LAST YEAR's revival supper ... when I was assigned to make the rice (to go with the roast that someone else was making). Wellllll, I've never had to fix rice for a crowd, so i wasn't really sure how much. You know, i usually just do the Minute Rice-in-a-Bag thing when i'm cooking at home, and that's plenty for Josh! Anyway, since i was cooking for so many, i knew i had to buckle down and cook regular rice - no minute rice! So, i bought a big bag at the store, and followed the directions to cook the WHOLE bag, which didn't look like much. UGH. no one told me that the bag quadruples in amount when you cook it!!!! i had rice coming out of my ears! by the time i had finished cooking it, i had a huge 6 or 7 quart dish full of rice, which i dutifully took to the church for the Revival team. AND I still had rice left over at home! We ate rice for a week at home, and i still froze about 4 or 5 quart bags of it! (didn't know you could do that either - that was a tip from Mrs. Frankie when i revealed my horrible experience of cooking rice to her! ha)
Its funny, now, to think back on it. LOL. Guess there really IS a life lesson in every experience. Did i mention that i'm making the tea this year?
LOL,
neisha
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment